Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What is your history?

1. How old were you when you first started riding? The first time I was on a horse, I think I was about 4 and I rode double with someone. I rode the neighbors horses starting about 6 but I started taking lessons at age 8.
2. First horse ridden: By myself, that probably be Sugarbabe, a paint pony. She bucked me off every day.

3. First horse trotted on: the same as question 2

4. First horse cantered on: again

5. First Horse fallen off of: and again.........Sugarbabe dumped me everyday until one day when I was getting on she tried to take off.  I caught her so I guess she decided I was boss and never dumped me again.

6. Most recent horse fallen off of: T-Bird
7. Most terrifying fall: T-Bird


8. First horse jumped with: Probably a lesson horse but I don't remember who.

9. First horse who ran away with you: A buckskin horse owned by my friend.  I was probably 7.  I got on the horse and she (nice friend) slapped his butt.  I just held on.

10. First horse that scared the crap out of you: Probably that buckskin
11. First horse shown : A lesson horse...possibly Mr Dun or Kimber.
12. First horse to win a class with: Bambi, the most awesome horse in the world.
13. Do you/have you taken lessons: So many, and I still can't ride. lol
14. First horse you ever rode bareback: Sugarbabe.  there never was a saddle for her.
15. First horse trail ridden with: if road riding counts Sugarbabe.  Actual trails - Bambi
16. Current Barn name: Not for sure what they are asking...my current barn is in my backyard.
17. Do you ride English or western?: Both - not saddle seat but hunt seat and dressage.

18. First Horse to place at a show with: Mr Dun or Kimber
19. Ever been to horse camp?: Dressage camp...and I camp when I trail ride.

20. Ever been to a riding clinic? Lots! 

21. Ridden sidesaddle? Nope and have no inclination to do so! How did they ever jump in those saddles?
22. First horse leased: None.

23. Last Horse Leased: None
24. Highest ribbon in a show: 1 st place
25. Ever been to an 'A' rated show?: many

26. Ever competed in pony games/relay races?: nope

27. Ever fallen off at a show: Not during the show but in the warm-up.
28. Do you ride Hunter/Jumpers?: I did.
29. Have you ever barrel raced? No

30. Ever done pole bending?: No

31. Favorite gait: I like them all.

32. Ever cantered bareback?: Sure

33. Have you ever done dressage?: Yes
34. Have you ever evented?: Yes.  I was in Pony Club.  Our team won many championships.

35. Have you ever mucked a stall?: many, many

36. Ever been bucked off?: You bet

37. Ever been on a horse that reared Yes, a few

38. Horses or ponies. Horses for sure

39. Do you wear a helmet?: Yes
40. What's the highest you've jumped: 5.5'
41. Have you ever ridden at night?: Yes on the trail and in the arena

42. Do you watch horsey television shows?: Of course!

43. Have you ever been seriously hurt/injured from a fall?: Yes, had a concussion from getting bucked off a horse and deciding to hit my head on his hoof on my way down.  I can still see that horse shoe.....

44. Most falls in one lesson: one.  see #43
45. Do you ride in an arena/ring?: When I boarded.
46. Have you ever been trampled by a horse?: Kind of........

47. Have you ever been bitten?: Yupe!

48. Ever had your foot stepped on by a horse?: Who hasn't??

49: Favorite riding moment: There are so many......

50. Most fun horse you've ridden: Bambi


That's my history. What's yours?

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

It was fun reading your answers and getting to know you better.

I believe I did this same quiz a long time ago. Someone sent it to my daughter on Facebook or something and she put it up on her blog and then a bunch of us did it. (I think that's what happened anyway)

Redneck Geologist said...

You are right. I got this from Rising Rainbow Arabian blog from sometime in 2009. I thought it looked like fun. I love your blog!