Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The hat vs opinionated horses

A friend’s post about hats she has knitted reminded me of a recent story about my hat and the horses.  The hat is a plain gray knit stocking cap.  It was given to me by a friend.  It won’t stay on.  I hate this hat.  I think it must be a child’s hat.  

One cold morning, I decided I needed a hat to go feed the horses.  The hood on my coat just wasn’t going to cut it.  I grabbed the dreaded gray hat and by the time I was halfway to the barn lot the thing started to creep up. Sigh.  I got to the lot and Blondie took one look at me and ran.

I laughed, “Yea, I don’t like this hat either.” 

“Snort!” 

Suddenly something hits me in the head from behind, knocking the hat off.  I turn around and there is T-Bird, standing there proudly, happy that he saved me from that stupid hat.  I thanked him.

The hat is going into the donation box and hopefully some child who doesn’t have opinionated horses will be able to use it.

4 comments:

Chrysti said...

Too funny!!!!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Your post made me smile.
Everyone deserves a soft cozy hat that fits and makes them feel special and beautiful :)
Jacket hoods rub my hair into a rats nest. lol!

Your story reminds me about a baseball cap that I used to wear all the time, until I realized that every time I kept getting hurt by a horse (and even a rooster), I was wearing that hat.
One day, I was bending down to pick up something off the ground and Apache stepped over and pulled that hat off my head with her mouth and trotted off with it and then threw it to the ground.
I had to laugh. It was so cute.

But I think she was telling me something, and I've not worn that hat since that day. :)

~Lisa

John and Regina Zdravich said...

Great story! If you have something that is just uncomfortable to wear, you must get rid of it! It is not worth it!

Grey Horse Matters said...

That's too funny. Your horses are fashion critics! Hope someone else can enjoy the dreaded gray hat.